NextDestination Canada
I Immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker

How can I Immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker?


Immigrating to Canada as a skilled worker becomes a complex journey when one does not know the process. Here’s a guide to help you analyze the country’s main economic immigration programs.

There are more than 100 ways to immigrate to Canada. However, one of the three Canadian immigration programs under the Express Entry stream is Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), which is designed for skilled workers. Unlike the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) program, FSWP is the common pathway for applicants who haven’t worked in Canada earlier.

Thus, the program chooses people who have relevant work experience and skills. So, if you are looking for immigrating to Canada as a skilled worker, keep on reading about the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP).

Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)

The Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program is managed under the Express Entry system and uses the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) to rank the profiles of candidates. Under the category, Federal Skilled Workers are not required to have Canadian work experience to enter the Express Entry pool.

Instead, FSWP candidates must meet a minimum points requirement based on certain factors such as work experience, language ability, and education. Once in the express entry pool, applicants with the highest CRS scores will receive invitations to apply (ITAs) for Canadian permanent residence (PR)

What is the eligibility for FSWP?

To stand eligible for FSWP, the candidate requires:

  • At least 1 year of full-time or an equal part-time or skilled work experience within the last 10 years. Skilled work experience falls under NOC Skill Level 0, A, or B.
  • Must meet minimum language levels in English or French Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 7.
  • Must have at least one educational credential
  • Must be able to prove (if you do not have a valid Canadian job offer) that you can financially support yourself and your dependents post immigration
  • Must intend to live outside of the province of Quebec.

How Can I apply as a Federal Skilled Worker?

  • The potential candidates can submit their profiles along with the documents to IRCC. The following documents are: Educational Credentials Assessment (ECA); Language Proficiency Test Results; Identification Documents
  • Each profile will get a Comprehensive Ranking System(CRS) score.
  • The candidates in the future will participate in Express Entry draws and get Invitations to Apply (ITA) for PR.
  • The candidate with an ITA will move to the second step of the application process.
  • At this stage, the applicant will get 60 days to submit a PR application.

Article Tags:

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *