In the Canadian immigration system, family reunification has always been one of the most important themes. Thus, if you are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada with parents or grandparents who wish to immigrate to Canada in 2023, you need to know about a super visa program.
Without a doubt, the Parents and Grandparents program is the most recognized program under the Canadian immigration system. However, many immigrants fail to bring their families to the country under PGP. Therefore, Super Visa is an alternative to the PGP, which provides a pathway for unsuccessful applicants.
What is Super Visa?
The Super Visa is a temporary resident visa that allows sponsored parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or PRs to visit their Canadian families. The visa is valid for up to five years at a time without any renewals. Also, it is a multi-entry visa that allows meeting with parents and grandparents multiple times for a period of up to 10 years.
Eligibility Requirements for a Super visa
To Qualify For a Super Visa, a Sponsor Must:
- Be at least 18 years;
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (PR);
- Secures a good financial position; and
- Living in Canada during the application
For Individuals Coming to Canada, the Eligibility is As Follows:
- Must be a parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Have applied for a super visa from outside Canada
- Have documents to support the child or grandchild’s minimum income
- Must prove parental relationship
- Must have strong ties to their home country.
- Should not be inadmissible to Canada
- Get a letter signed by a child or grandchild
The Candidate Can Prove His Financial Status Through:
- A notice of assessment (NOA);
- Current tax slips;
- An employment insurance remainder;
- A job letter with complete salary details, bank statements, and pay stubs.
Super Visa Application Process
- Prepare your documents
- Apply online via IRCC’s portal
- Receive a document checklist
- Pay the application fee
- Submit your application
After the application submission, IRCC will thoroughly review the application and ensure that it has all the essential documents. IRCC after reviewing is free to ask the applicant to submit additional documents and other activities.
Article Tags: Canada Immigration Guide